Thursday 8 September 2011

Simple Twist of Fate

About 35 kg of luggage, no books, no phone, tones of paperwork aaand here we are, 1300 km from home in a jaw-dropping Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris.

*

This is a residence I'm staying in. Seems like Oxford? That's because the architect was inspired by it's style. Built in 1925, Fondation Deutsch de la Meurthe is the first student residence in Cité. 




*
My room currently seems a bit empty and desperately needs decoration. This is on my must do list just after settling down about a billion other things. But it'll get better soon.




*
And all you have to do here is to leave your room, the adventure starts immediately. So somehow I found myself in the evening sitting along the Seine with Notre Dame all lit up, crazy and shiny bateaux mouches drifting along the river with people dining, shouting or singing on them; sitting with some random Erasmus and mostly medical students doing the same thing here as I do. Chatting, contemplating Notre Dame in the dark and realizing this isn't a dream at all! And hey, Knopfler and Dylan are in town next week having a concert together! The excitement is killing me. If not the excitement then the choice of food will for sure; being a vegetarian in Paris is like a voluntary starving. Nothing's perfect, right.

1 comment: