Tuesday 27 December 2011

A dream within a dream








What is reality and what is a dream is not yet completely clear to me now that I have come back to Paris (back home). Everything that happened in this city seems as a distant past, a dream barely, perhaps a wild fantasy that took place in my mind sometime somewhere. I can remember all friendships I made in Paris but they seem absurdly unreal, like it all has never happened. My head is now full of faces of my family and close friends, of our dearest dog, of a huge bed with a couple of matresses one on top of another, of home healthy food, of debates and talks that outdid all my conversations here in Paris where I had neglected almost all the intellectual, the artistic, the cultural. Incrdibly, after a few hours spent here my mind is now beginning to clear itself, to erase and delete all the memories from home and slowly this too seems but a dream. I know not where and who I am today, perhaps tomorrow will bring me a new identity, perhaps when I meet everyone from the dreamy past I will be the same, perhaps not, I cannot tell as tonight my reality is as vague as possible.

2 comments:

  1. Isn’t this what you expected? It will take less then two days to go back to what you were like before you left paris, and it will again take less than two days, when you’ll go back home for good, to be like you where before you came to paris... at least this is how it works and how it will work for me =/ the beauty of human ability to adapt to any environment =) what are you up to these “holy”days in paris?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You think you can be the same as you were? I think at least a tiny little bit of us is going to change for ever. I do not know though - I have never been away for a year and then tried to live my old life.
    I am trying to make most of these days - like going to theatres and museums and everything what I postponed in autumn because of the "good weather" (or parties if I am honest :D). So tonight I am off to Comédie Française!

    ReplyDelete